Thank you Readinglust for this nomination. I am excited to participate in this awesome chance to get to know my fellow bloggers a bit more! Everyone make sure to check out Readinglust’s amazing blog 🙂 I think I may have been tagged by several others. Thank you so much! I apologize, as I am having a hard time keeping up lately. I am currently adjusting notifications and such to help with this. So for everyone who thought of me, thank you!
“For those unfamiliar with this award, Liebster is a German word that means sweet, favourite and dearest.
The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers, it helps to discover new blogs and to build a sense of community in the blogging world.”
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award.
4. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
5. Give them 11 questions of your own.
Questions I Received From Readinglust
- If you could read only one book for the rest of your life, which one would it be?I am answering this without hesitation. The Hobbit! JRR Tolkien’s beloved Bilbo Baggins introduced me to fantasy and fueled my passion for reading at a very young age. This book holds the most special of places in my heart, and I often read it annually. Biblo has seen me through my darkest times and driven my sense of adventure.
- Which character would you like to slap in the face?This is easy also! Ramsay Bolton is by far the nastiest of all villains in my book. George RR Martin broke the “nasty” mold with this character in Song of Ice and Fire. I cannot even begin to put in words how my skin crawls with the mere thought of him. Although, smacking would be too much of a courtesy for this pond scum.
- If you could change an ending of one book, which one would it be, and what would you change?Oh my gosh!! The Green Mile. I cry at the simple thought of John Coffey. Why.. I will not elaborate much more for those who may not have read this one, but dear Lord if I could rewrite it.
- If you could make one series of a book into a standalone, which series would you choose?This is such a fantastic question, and so very hard to answer! Would saying Song of Ice and Fire be wrong? I am so sick of waiting. If this had been written as one massive novel, fans such as myself would not be in the painful spot we are currently in. I hate the waiting.. seriously dying a slow fandom, bookworm death. That man is a sadist..
- Which Film/TV Show/Musical have you watched the most times?This is a toss-up between Twin Peaks and Classic Doctor Who episodes. I shamelessly, never tire of either! Or maybe the film Labyrinth. Hmm. One of the 3 for sure.
- Your favourite book OTP?Gonna give it up to my fellow Ginger on this one and go with Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger ♥ I do no think further explanation is required.
- Which fictional team/gang/group of friends would you like to be a part of?I would love to be part of the gang from Fellowship of the Ring. These guys would literally go to the end of the earth and die for each other if asked. That is some serious loyalty.
- What is your favourite secondary character in a book?I know, I could honestly answer most of these questions with characters from Song of Ice and Fire or Harry Potter. But let us be honest, the characters were spot on. After all, great characters make great books. I am going to give a shout out to Meera Reed for this one, from Song of Ice and Fire. Her dedication to Bran Stark and unrelenting courage has earned her a spot among my favourite secondary characters! Homegirl rocks!
- What is your favourite city that you have ever visited?Sadly, I have never traveled outside of the U.S. I have done very little travelling. I am currently unable to fly and tied down a bit by my current medical situation. I absolutely love Savannah GA though. The awesome hospitality and preserved history make this one of my truly favourite places to visit.
- If you could have a superpower, which one would you choose?The ability to heal others, such as Raven from Teen Titans. My second choice would be the ability to manipulate time and space.
- What is the most shameful book that you have read and loved it?I am not sure that calling them shameful is remotely fair. I do not read any heavy romance or smutty titles. I cannot think of any recent reads I am “ashamed” of, however I have always consider Sookie Stackhouse one of my guilty pleasures. It is a bit out there compared to my normal tastes, but I love them!
My Questions for You
1. What was your most recent cover buy? (Come on, we are all guilty 😉 )
2. What is your favourite childhood book?
3. Name one instance where you actually enjoyed the film as much, or more than the book?
4.Do you have a fictional crush?
5. Name one series you felt ended too soon.
6. Name at least one female protagonist that you strongly disliked.
7. Which reading genre is your least favourite.
8. Has a book ever made you cry?
9. What is your most recent read that you disliked?
10. Name your lest favourite fictional couple. This can be on television or in book.
11. Tell us about something else you enjoy doing that does not involve reading.
I am not sure if I am supposed to do this, but I would like to leave my nomination open and encourage you all to join in. I am so new to this wonderful community of bloggers, and I would love to know more about each of you ♥