Kaleena @Reader Voracious recently nominated me for the Liebster Award. For those of you who are not familiar with her, she is the best of human beings and one of my favorite presences within the book community. She is quick to offer support, friendship and a laugh and some of the most insightful and well-written reviews I have encountered. Always a pleasure. So if you are not acquainted, I highly encourage you to correct that. Thank you, Kaleena ❤
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, provide a link to their blog and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions they asked you.
- Come up with your own 11 questions
- Tag 11 bloggers and don’t forget to tell them.
1. What’s your favourite literary trope?
This is a tricky one. As someone who reads a lot of fantasy and YA, I encounter tropes quite regularly. And for the most part, I am okay with them when executed well. Perhaps my favorite trope will always be the unlikely hero. I am a fan of the underdog and watching them rise to the top!
2. If you could write a book, what would it be about?
Ah, I see what you did there. I actually have a current plot unfolding that I hope to start penning soon. But I prefer to keep that separate from the blog and hush hush for the time being. Pass.
3. What’s your favourite thing to do while reading?
Drink tea of course! And listen to classical music or my sound machine. I also tend to spend half of my reading time on Twitter and social media of late, which has to stop. It is truly detrimental to my TBR.
4. What’s your favourite food combinations?
Combination? I am trying to recall a combination. Since I changed my diet to lose all of this weight I do have two odd cravings: rosemary & popcorn or (don’t laugh at me) Rice cakes with peanut butter & raisins.
5. What’s the weirdest food combinations you like?
I discovered during one of my pregnancies that popcorn chicken goes incredibly well with soft-serve vanilla and I still attest to this.
6. What is your most prized possession?
Here is the part where I feel inclined to say my children, but children are not possessions. So my books. Aside from family and friends, they carry me through the hard days and make even the best ones better. They are not only a form of escapism, but inspiration, knowledge, and exploration that will never lose value.
7. Do you follow any book-tubers? If so, who’s your favourite? If not, why not?
I do! Lately, I have been on activity restrictions as many of you know, and Booktube has been a newfound interest. My favorite is Common Spence. Spencer has been my saving grace and has the greatest personality and insight! Just fun ❤ I have many other favorites as well. Maybe there will a future post on this!
8. Who are your favourite bloggers to follow on twitter?
Too many! And I hate being put on the spot so I am going to pass on this question because I love following you all ❤
9. What is your ideal vacation? (No money limits)
Several years ago, I would have answered this with ease, but limitations make me falter now. But ideally, I would spend a month or so traveling Europe (for starters).
10. What’s something ridiculous that you used to believe when you were younger?
Santa Claus? Sorry if that is a spoiler for anyone *giggles*. I am not sure I have anything to really say here. Nothing is coming to mind aside from the usual childhood beliefs. And I have no regrets. Holidays were so much more magical!
11. What would be the clickbait title of the last book you read?
Suprise! It Was Exactly Who You Thought It Was. – Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody (I still loved this book).
My Questions & Nominations (No Pressure)
- If you had to choose one fictional world to spend the remainder of your days in, where would you go?
- What was the last book/film that moved you to tears?
- Name one book that you truly disliked that was incredibly hyped or well received within the book community.
- Who are three of your favorite female protagonists and why?
- Name a habit or vice that you currently have that you would like to give up or do away with.
- If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
- If you were the main character in your current read, what would be your current situation (without spoilers of course)?
- What is one book that you recommend to everyone?
- What is something that most people do not know about you?
- Aside from reading and blogging, how do you like to spend most of your time?
- Name your favorite book villain or “bad guy” of all time.
Destiny @Howling Libraries
Lilly @Lair of Books
Inge @The Belgian Reviewer
Melanie @Mel To The Any
Debby @Always Booking
JJ @This Dark Material
Liis @Cover to Cover
Jackie @Death by Tsundoku
Nikola @Breathing Through Pages
Kim @Traveling in Books
Drew @The Tattooed Book Geek